Gender-Based Violence Reduction
Managed by Department of Family & Support ServicesData last updated on Aug 23, 2023
The Gender-Based Violence Reduction initiative will assist survivors of gender-based violence through emergency funds, legal assistance, prevention education, housing and other care coordination services.
The Chicago Recovery Plan is funding an array of programs for survivors of gender-based violence, including the following:
- A rapid rehousing program designed to quickly move survivors into housing and support their stability once they are there, including trauma-informed, comprehensive services to enhance and maintain their safety.
- A legal services program that aims to enhance safety and stability for survivors through seeking legal remedies in court (criminal and/or civil), immigration, housing and other systems in trauma-informed and culturally specific ways.
- A gender-based violence prevention education program for both youth and caregivers with the goal of enhancing the current and future safety and stability of youth through awareness education and resources for further assistance.
- A victim services program to provide age-appropriate, trauma-informed and culturally appropriate services, such as ongoing comprehensive case management, clinical services, and counseling, to youth impacted by gender-based violence and/or human trafficking.
- An emergency fund to provide one-time financial assistance to survivors of gender-based violence to support economic security and achieving safety and well-being.
Reporting Period by Dataset
|Emergency Financial Assistance for Survivors of GBV||survivors who received funding by zip code||June 1, 2023 through June 30, 2023|
|GBV Legal Services||legal services participants by zip code||May 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023|
|GBV Youth Victim Services||GBV youth victim services by zip code||Reporting period not provided|
|Rapid Rehousing Services||rapid rehousing participants citywide||Nov. 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023|